Paul J. Nielsen, M.D.
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
University of Missouri School of Medicine
Orthopedic Surgery Residency
University of Nebraska College of Medicine
Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery Fellowship
Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center
Dr. Nielsen and his wife Jess are raising their two young daughters in Kearney. They enjoy exercise, the outdoors, and Husker football.
- Kearney, NE at New West Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Surgery
- Gothenburg, NE at Gothenburg Health (1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month)
- Phillipsburg, KS at Phillips County Health Systems
Common Conditions Treated (Click on the conditions to learn more)
- Nerve injuries
- Hand, Wrist, Forearm, Elbow, Shoulder, Clavicle
- Lower Extremity Fractures
- Hand Trauma
- Tendon Injuries
- Pediatric Injuries
- Pediatric Trigger Finger
- Thumb Base Arthritis
- Finger Arthritis
- Wrist Arthritis
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Other Upper Extremity Arthritic Conditions
- Tendon Conditions
- Worker’s Compensation
- Independent Medical Evaluations
Dr. Nielsen’s Team
Abbie Oran is a Physician Assistant with Dr. Nielsen who assists in surgery and clinic. She completed her training at Union College in Lincoln, NE. Abbie has been treating hand and upper extremity injuries for over a decade.
Susanne and Stacey are Dr. Nielsen’s primary clinic nurses.
Haley and Ashley help in clinic to complete paperwork and arrange follow-up appointments. Ashley also assists with surgery as a surgical technologist.