Your appointment allows time to address one priority problem. If you have more than one problem to discuss, please inform the scheduler when you make the appointment. This reduces the wait time for patients scheduled after you. New West Sports Medicine provides 24/7 call-coverage, so please be aware that emergencies and delays may happen. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please try to arrive thirty minutes prior to your initial appointment. If you are running late, call our switchboard at (308) 865-2570 or 1-800-408-1689 and we will try to accommodate you. If you are more than fifteen minutes late, you may be asked to reschedule.
Please bring these items with you:
Required forms will be discussed with you and will be mailed to you after you schedule an appointment or you can locate the forms on this website. Please bring them with you to your appointment. Please do NOT mail them back.
Insurance Card/Photo ID
Bring your insurance information with you. This includes insurance cards, Medicare and/or Medicaid cards, liability claims, and/or workers’ compensation information. Bring your Driver's License, passport, or other photo ID to your appointment for identification purposes.
Previous Medical Records
Our physicians assess your condition by using previous medical records as well as examining you. If you have been treated for this ailment or injury in the past, please bring all related medical records with you:
- X-rays Images and Reports (Even if the previous physician said they were normal)
- MRI Images and Reports (Even if the previous physician said they were normal)
- CT Scans and Reports (Even if the previous physician said they were normal)
- Bone Scans (Even if the previous physician said they were normal)
- Doctor's Notes
- Surgery or Operative Reports
Your surgery or operative reports are especially important. You must contact the treating physician's office to obtain this information. Some offices require a week's notice to fill requests, so we strongly encourage you to call and request this information as soon as you make your appointment with us.
Hand carry this information with you to your appointment. If you are unable to pick up your records, please have them mailed or faxed to us at the below:
New West Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Surgery
2810 West 35th Street
Kearney, NE 68845
Fax: (308) 865-2508 (Attn: Medical Records)
Insurance co-pays will be collected when you check in. You can pay with cash, check, or a credit card (Visa, Discover, American Express, Master Card). If you do not have insurance, you will be asked to make a preliminary payment of $50.00. We have a Patient Finance Specialist who can help you with payment options. They can be reached at 308-865-5058 or you can speak with them before your appointment.
To Better Serve You
- Bring a list of past surgeries and medications. This includes prescriptions, herbal, and over-the-counter medications.
- Contact any previously treating physician’s office a week in advance, if possible, to allow plenty of time for medical records to be sent to our office. Write down your questions prior to the appointment. It is easy to forget the important questions you have while you're in the room with the doctor.
- Allow plenty of time for travel. Consider the weather conditions, road construction, and time to find a parking space. We have easy access for patient drop-off and wheelchairs available at the door.
- Bring something to do while waiting. Your anticipated wait time may be longer than a general practitioner's office because we are a specialty office. The time needed for each visit depends on the complexity of each person's ailment and we cannot predict how long an exam may be. For that reason, our wait times vary. If you have arranged childcare, be sure the caregiver is available to stay longer in case your wait time is longer than anticipated.